Whoever wants can give an aid to health research by choosing to whom will go the money of 5 per thousand simply by indicating the tax code of the beneficiary in their tax return.
Il Codice Fiscale
With us, research is done with the heart
The MultiMedical IRCCS, thanks to its articulated structure of laboratories and therapeutic areas, is able to effectively conduct translational research that integrates experimental research and clinical practice with the intent of transferring the results obtained in the laboratory to the patient’s bed.
On the clinical front, the Institute is organized according to an inter-hospital departmental logic, able to guarantee a truly complete treatment path for patients suffering from cardiovascular pathologies, from the first specialized examination to rehabilitation. n terms of research, IRCCS MultiMedica has research laboratories located in an area of approximately 10,000 square meters of laboratories at the Science and Technology Centre in the southern area of Milan.
The cardiovascular sector for which MultiMedical IRCCS is recognized includes the following major pathologies:
1) all cardiac and vascular diseases and their complications, from their origin and therefore the risk factors for their genesis, such as endocrine-metabolic diseases, diabetes, high blood pressure and dyslipidaemia
2. respiratory diseases, in particular bronchus pneumopathies
3) kidney diseases particularly associated with heart failure, which then lead to chronic kidney failure and even dialysis therapy.
Documenting the importance and complexity of clinical activities in the cardiovascular sector, the sector in which the MultiMedical IRCCS is recognized, we would like to point out that diseases in this sector are still the main cause of death in Italy, accounting for 44% of all deaths. In particular, ischaemic heart disease is the leading cause of death in Italy, 28% of all deaths, while cerebrovascular diseases are in third place with 13%, after cancer. But those who survive a heart attack become chronically ill. The disease changes the quality of life, brings considerable economic costs to society and poses new challenges for medical and surgical care and assistance. In Italy, 23.5% of pharmaceutical expenditure (equal to 1.34% of the gross domestic product) is allocated to cardiovascular medicines.
The research activity of the IRCCS MultiMedica is oriented to:
support and develop clinical and basic research projects capable of preventing, alleviating or treating cardiovascular and metabolic diseases;
create multidisciplinary synergies between clinicians and researchers to address these diseases in a comprehensive and integrated way;
to favour new ideas and creative applications in the various medical disciplines of the cardiovascular and metabolic area;
IRCCS MultiMedica’s research activity is concentrated in the following 2 lines:
- RESEARCH LINE 1: Cardiovascular diseases and pluripathological subject: pathophysiology, translational research and care.
- RESEARCH LINE 2: Study of risk factors for the prevention of cardiovascular diseases: pathophysiology, translational research and experimental applications.